As the evolution of the pandemic is uncertain and the authorities are reserved when speaking about the relaxation of the social distancing measures during the second part of the year, we made the decision to embrace digitalisation more tightly: STRATEGICA 2020 will be an online video-conference. Both keynote speakers and participants are invited to present live their speeches, but from remote locations.
All participants coming from EU country members (*as well as US, Canadian and Australian citizens) can enter Romanian territory with their personal ID card.
Non-EU citizens need a special Visa (*except for US, Canadian and Australian citizens) which can be obtained from any Romanian embassy. Please, be advised that it takes from a few days to a few weeks to obtain the Visa.
Coming to Bucharest
Bucharest is well connected to almost the entire world. Daily flights arrive and depart from the Henri Coandă Airport.
Public transport from the airport:
- 780 and 783 Express lines connect Henri Coandă International Airport with the campus of the university. The bus stop is a 10/15 minutes walk away from the university and only a few minutes away from Pullman hotel. The 780 Express line connects Henri Coandă International Airport with the Gara de Nord (main railway station). The 783 Express line connects Bucharest Henri Coandă International Airport with the city center.
- Airport stops: in front of the Arrivals Terminal and Departures Terminal.
- Price for one trip is 3,5 lei and you should buy a magnetic card in order to use it in the bus. The card desk is in front of the Arrivals Terminal.
Taxis from the Henri Coandă International Airport to Bucharest:
- On-demand taxi services are available at Bucharest Henri Coandă International Airport. You may access these services by contacting the “Taxi by request” desk.
- The taxi station is located at the exit of the terminal, at the ground floor.
- Uber also operates in Bucharest.
Accommodation and travel arrangements
Bucharest proposes a wide range of hotels both close to the university`s campus and to the city center (the Palace of the National Bank of Romania).
If you need any help with booking your accommodation, tours and transport, in Bucharest and Romania, we recommend to check the special offers of WISE Travel. It is a travel agent and a social business, therefore, part of the price will go to charities and the tours also include visits to famous Romanian social enterprises. WISE Travel also proposes specially for the Strategica participants two special tours on Saturday, October 12, 2019, which will contribute to a full Romanian experience of the participants to Strategica.
- Palaces of Bucharest Tours (participants visit the Parliament Palace and Mogosoaia Palace, and vet acquainted with the history of several other historical impressive buildings)
- Peles Castle in Sinaia is the most important Royal Residence of Romania, located into the Carpathians
Locations of the conference
Strategica Conference is held in the buildings of the National Bank of Romania and of the National University of Political Studies and Public Administration. Here you can find access maps for the two locations:
National Bank of Romania
Address: Doamnei Street, nr. 8,
Sector 1, Bucharest
National University of Political and Administrative Studies
Adress: 30A Expoziţiei Blvd.,sector 1, Bucharest